If you are a real estate agent and work in the Volusia County area, you already know this and what can you do to gear up for another successful year in real estate? I'm here to offer some useful tips.
- If you are not farming an area, consider doing so. Listings are the name of the game. The more listings you have, the more likely you are to improve your sales. Farming an area requires persistence, consistency, and follow through.
- Work your leads. People often say they receive bad leads but usually it is because people want instant gratification. Some leads require time and if you follow through chances are it will turn into a sale. Always remember, real estate is a numbers game. The more leads that you generate the likely they will turn into business.
- Work on your referral business. Touch base with past customers and anyone in your address book. Now is the time to do it with reminders of time change, rates are great, holiday newsletters, calls and good old fashion mail.
- Open Houses are a golden opportunity to meet new people, potential buyers and also neighbors who might want to sell. Without a doubt, Open Houses are a golden opportunity to grow your business and a very inexpensive marketing tool.
- EXIT Realty offers 24/7 real estate training, technology training, tools and more. If your brand doesn't offer you tools to improve your business, you are missing the boat.
- Perfect your phone skills and ask the right questions as well as practice your presentation skills. This will save time and help your customers better.
- Look at your budget. Your budget should be reviewed frequently as well as your marketing plan, to keep up with the ever changing real estate market.
- Wear a name badge and promote your business everywhere you go. If you don't like name badges wear a company shirt. This is an affordable marketing tool. So many real estate conversations start with a name badge or a shirt.
- Get better acquainted with your inventory and the neighborhoods that you service.